Missing group links in OneDrive

Brass Contributor

We have been using O365 Education since September in a secondary school. Some of my collagues are reporting that the links for their groups' storage space is missing under OneDrive.

- The links appear under Outlook or Calendar perfectly all right.

- The links appear when they switch back to classic view.

- They can access the files through Sharepoint or a direct link.

Most of my collagues use the services through direct links (eg.: when the headmaster shares a link of an Excel file they have to fill out) and it seems that the affected users don't use the webinterface regularly.

Any ideas why is this happening and how to solve it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Missing groups.jpg

3 Replies

A very polite and helpful guy from Microsoft called me this morning. After trying out everything it seems that the problem can be solved by "Following" the group on the group's SharePoint site. He also talked to his supervisor and it seems that it is not a bug, but a feature. I can't see how is it better than it is used to...

Anyway... If anyone could suggest me a turn around which leaves out my colleagues clicking on the "Follow" button on all of their groups' site, that would be nice. :)

Hello,

We have exactly the same issue : Groups seems OK, they appear in the classical view, but not in the new one.
Did you find something to do ? Perhaps a Powershell command to force the following option for everybody ?

Regards,
Benjamin

This behavior is by design for the Modern experience in OneDrive for Business.

See also https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/odfb/2017/05/10/group-sites-not-visible-in-onedrive-for-business...