SOLVED

Minimal/Full Hybrid Migration Question

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Is there a difference between the minimal and full hybrid migrations in terms of the need to reconfigure mobile devices?  What I'm trying to understand is whether or not I will need to reconfigure mobile devices when doing a minimal hybrid migration.  Or does the full hybrid migration eliminate that need?

Thank you.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Mike D (Copper Contributor)
Solution

No both options would be similar mobile experience. E-mail auto discover will automatically reconnect to your mailbox in office 365 after a migration. However, it can be finicky on some devices and it requires Device reboots for that auto discover to take hold, sometimes profiles need to be removed and re added. So technically there is no difference, but it's not a 100% pain free experience due to mobile device client bugs.

Thank you.
What I discovered after doing the migration is that many Android devices could not automatically configure themselves after moving the user's mailbox to O365; they were returning an incorrect server name during the account setup. iPhones did not have this problem. I think the Android mail client still uses activesync and the minimal hybrid option does not enable activesync redirection. After changing autodiscover to point to O365 instead of Exchange, the Android devices no longer had that problem.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mike D (Copper Contributor)
Solution

No both options would be similar mobile experience. E-mail auto discover will automatically reconnect to your mailbox in office 365 after a migration. However, it can be finicky on some devices and it requires Device reboots for that auto discover to take hold, sometimes profiles need to be removed and re added. So technically there is no difference, but it's not a 100% pain free experience due to mobile device client bugs.

View solution in original post