Migration to M365 failed

Brass Contributor

Hi Community,

I am migrating from an Exchange Server 2013 via hybrid to Microsoft 365.

Due to the small data line and the large mailboxes, the migration takes already 2 weeks.

When I looked at Migration Jobs a few days ago, I received the following error message:

Migration rate:
Error: TooManyTransientFailureRetriesPermanentException/StoragePermanentException/FolderCreationBlockedException: Error: The job encountered too many transient failures (82) and is quitting. The most common failure is StoragePermanentException/FolderCreationBlockedException with the hit count 60. --> Exception encountered initializing default folder. --> Implicit folder creation is not allowed on this session.

A total of 5 migration jobs with a total of 50 mailboxes have been created.

At first it was just a job, but there are now a lot of mailboxes with this error message.

Does somebody has any idea?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Philipp

11 Replies
I can't help you here, but I have exactly the same problem now. We also use EX2013. The migration worked before, but now it doesn't work anymore.

Hi,

I have since Friday the same problem and have no idea what has changed since then

It also started for us about last Friday. Maybe MS changed something in O365 in the background. I have already opened a ticket with MS. Let's wait and see what MS support has to say about it. But I
have now determined for myself that the problem is not ours.
Same Problem here. Many of the Mailboxes can be migrated but not all of them.
All Ending in the same Error

The job encountered too many transient failures (61) and is quitting. The most common failure is StoragePermanentException/FolderCreationBlockedException with the hit count 60. --> Exception encountered initializing default folder. --> Implicit folder creation is not allowed on this session
Thanks to everyone for the answers.

I hope that Microsoft gets this under control soon and that the jobs don't have to be created again.
Hi,

we have exactly the same problem since yesterday. There is also no message in the 365 status center that would explain it.

Hope it get fixed asap.
Hi ,
We also had same issue last night for 30 mailboxes out 80 mailboxes. The mailbox size is also less (approx 50 MB).
I did suspend and resume the failed move request couple of time but that did not help.
Finally I had removed the failed move request and created new move request and migration completed .
Hi,

I have poor lines at the customer's site and mailboxes over 30 GB.

I don't want to recreate the JObs.

I hope MS can get this under control.
The migration works for us again. Existing jobs can also be continued. Unfortunately, I noticed that the mailboxes are no longer properly synchronized - in EXO there were still mails that had already been deleted on-premises. So I recreated the batches to be on the safe side.
Thanks for your information.

Some batches are now working again for me. However, I cannot say yet whether items were not synchronized correctly.

The migration will be completed over the weekend.

In addition, however, I had to create a new batch with around 8 mailboxes, which always resulted in an error:

SourceMailboxAlreadyBeingMovedPermanentException/FolderSaveException/PropertyErrorException: Error: Couldn't switch the mailbox into Sync Source mode. This could be because of one of the following reasons: Another administrator is currently moving the mailbox. The mailbox is locked. The Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication service (MRS) doesn't have the correct permissions. Network errors are preventing MRS from cleanly closing its session with the Mailbox server. If this is the case, MRS may continue to encounter this error for up to 2 hours - this duration is controlled by the TCP KeepAlive settings on the Mailbox server. Wait for the mailbox to be released before attempting to move this mailbox again. --> An error occurred while saving the changes on the folder "TwAAAAAbVfogqmYRzZvIAKoAL8RaCQBIAERSLUFEUy0wMS5kcnVtYWcubG9jYWwAIds5z5U8502Q9yVsmRyuHY8f4TDVWERIhZ3deG1cAzb/". Error details: Failed, Eigenschaft: [0x66180003] InTransitStatus, PropertyErrorCode: AccessDenied, PropertyErrorDescription: ''. --> Property: [0x66180003] InTransitStatus, PropertyErrorCode: System.Runtime.Serialization.TypeLoadExceptionHolder, PropertyErrorDescription: .

I hope they work again after a new creation.

After a day of waiting, the batches still did not work.

Greetings,
Phil
Edit:

After e restart of the Exchange Server, the new Batchs works.

Phil