Migrate from Exchange on prem to Office 365 with heavy email

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I need to migrate an onprem old Exchange server to a new mail server. 

All users are already using Office 365, but have not currently set up email with Exchange Online. 

Migrating from Exchange onprem to Exchange Online wouldn't be a problem, but the user experience could be the main limitation.

Every day most of people of the organization send a lot of email with high resolutions photos as attachment.

Now, with onprem Exchange users aren't experiencing any particular issues as they delegate the send-receive activity to their onprem exchange server and their local Outlooks respond excellently.
Subsequently, however, the bulk of the weight would fall on the outlook of each user with a delay and an overload that could lead to functional hang.
Has anyone faced similar scenarios and have any suggestions on how to prevent the local outlook from becoming the bottleneck? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion you should give me

3 Replies
hi, anyone can help me? No one has ever faced a similar scenario? Thanks for any reply!
If you are worried about Outlook's performance in such scenarios, why don't you try switching to storing those attachments in OneDrive for Business and sharing the links only?

You can Migrate Exchange email data base and from Exchange Outlook - get a orphaned database - then compress the database size. There are numbers of tools but third party tools you can find out. Shrinking the size of email database not the quality or any compromise with data