Mig Batch

Iron Contributor

Hi Experts

i have started migration on onprem mailboxes to cloud with option to manually complete this migration batch. In this migration batch i have 300 users. all these mailboxes are synced to cloud.
Now i have a requirement to complete the migration for  only 5 users. since these users are part of the migration batch of 300 users. i have used the below syntax and completed migrating 5 users to cloud. experts please validate is the below syntax correct way to migrate.

Set-MoveRequest -Identity user1@contoso.com -CompleteAfter 1

5 users are in cloud, but i can see this 5 users in migration batch with synced status, do i need to remove these users from the migration batch. if so please help me with powershell syntax to remove these users from batch.

1 Reply

@Roger Roger  Once you initiate -Completeafter meaning the Mailbox is Provisioned in Cloud and Local On-Premise Mailbox would be Disabled, and enabled as RemoteMailUser (RemoteMailbox) and corresponding Cloud Azure AD Account (AAD User) is enabled for Logon. Assign necessary License and apply Litigation/Retention Hold (for safety purpose ensuring no data loss - if you come across any need for Batch deletion itself). You should be good to go.

Do not Remove the Batch until you are absolutely sure to do so !!

Cheers !!

Ankit Shukla