SOLVED

Miemcast to Offcie 365 Archive

Copper Contributor

Hi
 Anybody have any experience migrating off of Mimecast.I'd like to figure out how I can export all of my users' email stored in Mimecast and import it into an Office365 archive.  I started to do it manually within the Mimecast portal via save searches but then it says:  To export messages:
 Select a single or multiple mail items.
Select Export from the options at the bottom right hand corner of the view.
I can't select multiple mail items, it seems, and I can't export a billion emails one .eml at a time.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Shoga Hailemariam (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi Shoga,

The business I work for resells Mimecast. and from experience the best way to do it is to contact your account manager at Mimecast to export the data as PST files on your behalf. It will be a Professional Service cost, usually volume of data per Gb.

The reasons I say this is because trying to export data as safe searches is impractical in terms of time and resource which is designed for item as opposed to whole archive export, and also that they have said that they will release a PST export tool for a long time, but keep delaying it. In may ways this could be perceived as frustrating the exit process. Also when doing the export ensure that your contract is near its expiry and ensure it terminates at the expiry otherwise if it goes over they will hold you to a new 12 month contract.

Once you have the PST's, which should be delivered to you on a Hard Disk or in an SFTP site it is easy to then import them into the Office 365 archives.

Hope that helps and answers your question. Best of luck with doing the export

Best, Chris

Thank you Sir. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Shoga Hailemariam (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi Shoga,

The business I work for resells Mimecast. and from experience the best way to do it is to contact your account manager at Mimecast to export the data as PST files on your behalf. It will be a Professional Service cost, usually volume of data per Gb.

The reasons I say this is because trying to export data as safe searches is impractical in terms of time and resource which is designed for item as opposed to whole archive export, and also that they have said that they will release a PST export tool for a long time, but keep delaying it. In may ways this could be perceived as frustrating the exit process. Also when doing the export ensure that your contract is near its expiry and ensure it terminates at the expiry otherwise if it goes over they will hold you to a new 12 month contract.

Once you have the PST's, which should be delivered to you on a Hard Disk or in an SFTP site it is easy to then import them into the Office 365 archives.

Hope that helps and answers your question. Best of luck with doing the export

Best, Chris

View solution in original post