SOLVED

Microsoft Word in Compatibility mode

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

My company uses a Word doc application form that has been built with macros for auto-fill.

It's from 5 years ago and the original author no longer works with us.

The problem is that we need to make modifications to the form, but it's locked in Compatibility mode. I've checked online about converting it, which I did, except I still cannot make any modifications as the moment I click on non-autofill text the typing line jumps straight to the nearest autofill section.

Attached is a video of my screen with the issue. The document has been converted to the Windows 10 version and no longer in Compatibility Mode, yet no editing can take place.

Thanks guys!!

5 Replies

Hi @JJ_info,

Could you please attached the form here

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer to help the other members find it more

@Faraz Shaikh 

File attached still in Compatibility Mode.

best response confirmed by JJ_info (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @JJ_info 

Please see the attached file it should be working fine now, save your document from doc to docx you will not get the Version Microsoft Word in Compatibility issue

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer to help the other members find it more

@Faraz Shaikh 

Works perfectly. Thanks!!

Hi @JJ_info 

Awesome !!! Don't forget to mark the post as Best Response

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JJ_info (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @JJ_info 

Please see the attached file it should be working fine now, save your document from doc to docx you will not get the Version Microsoft Word in Compatibility issue

View solution in original post