Microsoft Teams/SfB Online Queue behavior

Copper Contributor

Hi Team,

I have few questions about Microsoft Teams Queues/SfB queues. 

I have setup a queue with Call distribution method - Attendant;

And I have 3 users in this call queue.

Question One:

When the first user pickup a call, and another call enters the queue, the first user is also receiving the new call even if he is currently talking at this moment. Is there a way - when a user is in call not to be notified about the new calls?

Question Two:

If we use Serial as a call distribution method and if we have 17 agents in our call queue.

Then our queue behaves like this - each call starts to ring with user1. If he does not answer starts to ring with user 2 and until it reaches the user 17. 

This means that User1 will receive every call and user 17 will get only the calls that were not answered by User1,User2...User16. Is there a way if User1 has picked up the first call, then the next call to start ringing directly with User2, and when if user2 picked up the call the next call to start ringing with user3 and etc? 

3 Replies

Hi,

When the first user pickup a call, and another call enters the queue, the first user is also receiving the new call even if he is currently talking at this moment. Is there a way - when a user is in call not to be notified about the new calls?

Yes, this all signed in agents should get the calls when using the attendant distribution method. With a attendant console software you won't get multiple calls if you are busy in a call, but with the Skype or Teams client you will get a toaster for the second call. 

Is there a way if User1 has picked up the first call, then the next call to start ringing directly with User2, and when if user2 picked up the call the next call to start ringing with user3 and etc? 

No, it will always follow the order in serial and try calling agents in that order.

In Skype for Business there is options to use Parallel, Round Robin and Longest Idle for routing method I think and hope some of these will come to Microsoft Phone System too.

Hi Linus,

thanks for the feedback. 

I have submitted a ticket with MS but the agent is still fighting to set a phone queue - 10 days for now. 

Could you please give example for attendant console software? Can it be integrated with MS Teams online?

Check out Attendant Pro from Landis computer, easy to getting up and running and I think there is a trial if you just want to test it out.