Microsoft School Account Profile Edit

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone,

After being tossed back and forth between my school IT and Microsoft I'm resorting to asking the community for help. I have a ryerson school account which is used as my office 365 account. I legally changed my name, and it's changed everywhere in my university, but the microsoft account still has the old name. And whoever is the admin for the account can edit my profile. Microsoft plainly told me the school can only change that. And my university says that Ryerson doesn't have support for microsoft issues. So has any student went through such an experience that they could help me out? The old name really bugs me.

Cheers!

1 Reply

Hey @Syeda Shah,

Unfortunately changing something like your display name is going to be limited to Admins on the account.

If you think about it, you would not want to give anyone access to do this. What happens is a student were to decide it would be really funny to change their name to match the Presidents of the University and start sending out troll emails.

As such, no one on this forum, or any user community related to Microsoft is going to be able to help you out. This is something you are going to have to resolve with the IT staff at your school.

Goodluck getting it done!
Adam