MICROSOFT IS OBSOLETE

Copper Contributor

Dear Microsoft,

I've spent more than 6 days running almost 4 tickets at a time trying to figure out something very simple that is described in the link below. I am completely frustrated with Microsoft making false promises in their article. I've had multiple discussion with Home Office support staff, and we have together walked through multiple articles like the one below, we have dotted all the i's and crossed all T's BUT STILL THE SYSTEM DOE NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED AND WRITTEN IN THE LINK TO THE ARTICLE BELOW.

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/apply-information-rights-management-to-a-list-or-library-3b...

WHAT AM I TRYING TO DO:

Well.. all I would simple like to do is share an excel file with Edit permissions, and restrict the user to opening the shared file online with no PRINT or DOWNLOAD permissions. Essentially I would give them access to View/Edit and save the file ONLY online linked to my sharepoint or sharepoint group but STOP them from downloading the file AND printing. 

As I've mentioned below this is possible according to facts found in many articles including the one I shared here, but non of what is written works. I am tired of having to pay a membership fee to Microsoft for my business when NON of what they promise they can do EVER works!!

BELOW is what was lift from the article I've shared here telling me what I should be able to do after I follow instructions. THIS IS ALL MISLEADING INFORMATION, dont Trust MICROSOFT TO DELIVER ON THEIR PROMISES EVER.

Edit Items, Manage Lists, Add and Customize Pages

Edit, Copy, and Save: A user can print a file only if the Allow users to print documents check box is selected on the Information Rights Management Settings page for the list or library.

2 Replies

@MBASAFEwhich O365 subscription do you have?

You need E3 or the AIP add-on to get IRM. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/servicedescriptions/sharepoint-online-service-description...

@MBASAFE Hello! You've posted this in the Azure Data Explorer space, which has nothing to do with your question. I'm moving this to the Office 365 space. Please post Office 365 questions there in the future. Thank you.