Microsoft Improves Labels for Planner Tasks. More Upgrades On the Way

MVP

Microsoft has updated task labels in the Office 365 Planner app to make the labels more accessible and obvious (and therefore more useful). Changes due to arrive soon include an increase in the number of labels from six to 25, more intelligent attachments, and an upgrade to the Teams integration to allow tasks be created from chats and conversations.

https://office365itpros.com/2020/10/02/microsoft-updates-planner/

7 Replies

Hello @Tony Redmond,

Hope this finds you well.  When we will be able to expect the ability to make a task recurring (i.e. weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc).  I'm afraid that the lack of this functionality is really hampering my organizations appetite for this app at this time.  Most all of our task are of this nature and having recurring functionality would take a lot of the administrative burden that we are currently experiencing trying to maintain an up to date board.  

Thanks,

Geoff

@geoffma1635 As I don't work for Microsoft, I can't comment when they might introduce something like the feature you're looking for. However, as Planner has a Graph API, you could investigate writing some custom code to do what you want.

@Tony Redmond 

Hello,

do you know when the 25 labels will be released?

Thank you.

Myriem

@Tony Redmond 
Hi,
are there any plans to further increase the limit on tags to more than 25 ?
thanks/

You can ask Microsoft... The Planner team control what they do.