Microsoft Forms being made available wider than Education licence

Bronze Contributor

Interesting to see Microsoft Forms being possibly made available outside of Education licence. I haven't used it myself so i'm not sure the use case. I'm hoping sort of a level between Excel forms and PowerApps. Anonymous access would be nice.

Anyone have any insight into the capability of Forms?

The more Info link 404s, to that's helpful.

image.png

8 Replies
I've not seen it myself, but also am hoping to see it deployed wider than education!
Yes it's in the "In Development" section still, so it's no guarantee we'll see it.
At least is something!!! Seeing Forms in the roadmap is definitively great :-)...I would ask for a clarification in regards if when to use what (PowerApps vs Forms)

Hi Warwick,

I hope it will be available at least in E3, I have seen the configuration and I have answered some forms and is a very good experience. 

Hi Gerry,

Very good news !

I'm looking forward to testing and working with Microsoft Forms.  We are on first release but haven't seen it yet.  I can think of several uses for it already across our tenant.

Got this note from Message Center today !!!

"We will also be upgrading the Excel Survey feature, which will be renamed “Forms for Excel”. This update comes with a modern experience powered by Microsoft Forms to make it simple and easy to collect information into Excel. It can now be used without changing the organization’s sharing settings in OneDrive. The Preview comes with the quality, compliance, and security you’ve come to expect from Office 365. We'll be gradually rolling the Microsoft Forms Preview out to First Release customers, configured for entire organization, in June. We will begin rolling out to the rest of Office 365, starting the second half of July, and the roll out will be completed by September. Microsoft Forms has been available to education customers since August 2016. This message is associated with Office 365 Roadmap ID 16254."