Message recall notification not work in Exchange Online for one domain

Copper Contributor

When an office365 user trying to recall a email from a recipient with another SMTP domain he is not getting any notification email.

Both sender and recipients are in same Office365 tenant and their SMTP domain is different, its a multi domain environment.

3 Replies

The message recall functionality is a bit unreliable, and success depends on so many factors that it's common for it to fail. Even when it doesn't fail, I've never actually seen a notification received back, so don't count on it.

There are some improvements coming that will be announced at Ignite, those will mostly affect Office 365 users and should vastly improve the process.

But what could be the reason for such behavior as the problem affecting only one domain users only when they are trying to recall email from another domain users in same tenant.

In my scenario i have two customer SMTP domains in same tenant (Suppose Customer A & B) and when A domain user send any mail to B SMTP domain users and trying to recall email from B then A able to get the Success or failure notification but vice versa its not working.

Both SMTP domain users (e.g test@abc.com & test2@def.com) are on Office365 but still vice-versa message recall notification functionality not working.

Message get recalled successfully vice versa but the only problem is with success or failure notification email that is not working in case on 1 SMTP domain.

Both SMTP domain users (e.g test@abc.com & test2@def.com) are on Office365 but still vice-versa message recall notification functionality not working.

Message get recalled successfully vice versa but the only problem is with success or failure notification email that is not working in case on 1 SMTP domain.