Message encryption - read an encrypted mail from outlook??

Copper Contributor

Hi.

Been doing some OME configurations lately, but ran in to an odd issue this week.

Sending from my work mail with OME configured, the recipient (Outside our domain, but running Office 365) they can't read a mail protected with "Encrypt only" directly from Outlook. But are directed to the portal.

Why is this working differently? Am I missing something?

Other customers can read an encypted mail directly in Outlook?

3 Replies
I don’t really know today but before cached mode couldn’t open encrypted mails

Define "Outlook"? This functionality is only available for builds in the current channel, if you are on targeted release you don't have the feature yet. Sorry for being a bit vague, but Microsoft in their infinite wisdom have updated the article to NOT list the specific version, and I have better things to do on a Saturday night than going over the complete changelog for the C2R builds.

TL;DR version, use an Outlook build that's on the current/first release channel.

By Outlook I mean the Outlook client running on Windows 10.

Hmm.... Makes sense if its because of the build.

So the test must be to update the test persons Office, if its fully updated, then check which update channel its running..

**bleep**, haven't seen this version issue anywhere, but only read "Encrypted mail can be opened as a normal email in an enlightened client, as Outlook".

Will give it a go on monday.

Enjoy the rest of your saturday evening :) THANKS!