Manage Quarantined Messages

Brass Contributor
Hi, In the Exchange admin center under Protection -> Quarantine admins can list and filter messages that have been quarantined. There is an option to release messages and an option to release selected message and allow sender which releases message to all recipients and add its sender to all sender allow lists. Release and Allow. At the top of this section there is a note that says "Quarantine has a new home. Please start using the new and improved Quarantine page" which certainly looks different but does not, as far as I can see, have this option. Not so new and improved. Any idea where this handy function can now be found or why it has been removed?
8 Replies
You can find this option at protection.office.com > threat management > review > quarantine.

You can use 'sort by' drop down menu and type in the sender email address and select the first check box from the results pane and bulk release those messages.

To manage sender allow > you can create Anti spam policy.

Thanks,
Ash,MCE

@Ash365 

Thanks for the reply. Where is the "release selected message and allow sender" option (that is on the older Quarantine version) which releases message to all recipients and add its sender to all sender allow lists all in one easy operation? Seems to me like the new version doesn't have this option so is a step backwards not improved.

Hi @Robert Mallett 

In my 365 Tenant, I get the following view when I go into the new protection centre and select a email.

clipboard_image_0.png

If I click on the blue 'release message' button the following options show up

clipboard_image_1.png

Is this the same that shows for you?

Where is the "release selected message and allow sender" option (that is on the older Quarantine version) which releases message to all recipients and add its sender to all sender allow lists all in one easy operation? @HidMov@HidMov 

Hi @Robert Mallett 

The option to do both is in the second screenshot.

Old school way: 

Click on email

click on release icon

click on option to release and add to safe senders list

new way

click on email

click on release

Confirm 'release to all recipients' and 'add to safe senders is ticked and click ok

Can click on the tickbox to select all messages at the same time to do bulk operations.

clipboard_image_0.png

I do feel a little like I'm in a vortex. See the cap above. There is no opion:

Confirm 'release to all recipients' and 'add to safe senders is ticked and click OK

Where is that option in the New way????

@HidMov 

Hi @Robert Mallett 

Thanks for the screenshot, can see why it caused some confusion because mine does show.

release.png

Let me do some digging to see why the option won't show for you.

I've a bit more digging - the option to add to safe senders list only shows for spam and bulk emails; phish and antimalware don't give that option at all, which makes sense as only the spam policy has an associated safe senders list afaik

I'm sorry, but after going through the documentation I can't see a obvious explanation on why the option isn't showing for you.