SOLVED

Manage Exchange Email Group

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I created new group in exchange online admin center. We don´t have deployed exchange hybrid, we are using only exchange online. In that created group I added a owner. This owner somehow can´t modify  group members in outlook. Error mesage when owner try to add member to this group:

Changes to the public group membership cannot be saved. You do not have sufficient permissions to perform this operation on this object.

I found this group in O365 admin center and everything is okay owner is owner nothing wrong. Sync status is Cloud:

Screenshot_147.png

Thanks

8 Replies

Can he modify it via OWA? You can access the corresponding bits via the Options menu.

best response confirmed by Milan30 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Vasil MichevNo but I found problem. I created O365 group not distribution list so as owner he doesn´t have right to edit O365 group because he is not administrator in O365 only basic user. Thank you.

Owners of O365 groups should be able to modify their membership though.

@Milan30  As @Vasil Michev  mentioned in his last comment, the Owner of the Group should be able to manage it through OWA and Outlook (if it isn't a Hybrid environment).

When you run get-unifiedgrouplink emailofgroup -linktype owner

does it show up the user over there 

2nd , if you try and add a new owner to the group, are they able to manage it in Outlook/OWA.

Cheers !

Ankit Shukla

@ankit shuklaYes I was able do it in OWA. In desktop windows version I was unable to manage group. Thank you

@Milan30 Did you try updating Outlook Cache and download a fresh copy of address book after applying the changes ?

@ankit shukla Have you checked Milan, my last comment ?

@ankit shukla You said "the Owner of the Group should be able to manage it through OWA and Outlook (if it isn't a Hybrid environment)."

What if it is a hybrid environment though? Ours is, and I need to get this working. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

J

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Milan30 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Vasil MichevNo but I found problem. I created O365 group not distribution list so as owner he doesn´t have right to edit O365 group because he is not administrator in O365 only basic user. Thank you.

View solution in original post