Mailbox Information

Iron Contributor

Hi experts

I would like to know on which region or forest my office365 mailboxes are placed. Is it possible to know this information. 

8 Replies

Hi @Roger Roger 

To confirm the location for your organisation, you can see this in your Office 365 Admin Centre by going to Settings > Organisation Profile and see the Data Location

365gEO.PNG

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

I'm not sure why you are asking this, but there are some scenarios where it's important to know the exact Exchange forest where a mailbox exists and its not hard to find that out because the information is "encoded" in the mailbox server name.

For example, and I'm just making this up now because I'm writing from my phone and I don't have access to PowerShell, the mailbox server name might be AMSPR06MB3245. AMS=Amsterdam datacenter
PR06=Exchange forest
MB=mailbox (CA=cas server)
You can see the server name if you run Get-mailboxStatistics. Get-Mailbox might not show the current server, but a previous one.

And if you are interested to see where all of your Office 365 services are located, you can use AADInternals PowerShell module. See my blog post here for details.

which region db comes in

As @Victor Ungureanu wrote use Get-MailboxStatistics to see what region you are in. The first letters of servername/database is the country/region name.

Get-MailboxStatistics -Identity username@contoso.com | fl ServerName, DataBase

image.png

get-mailboxstatistics -identity user1@mydomain.com | fl ServerName,Database
ServerName:HE1PR0701MB2539
Database:EURP194DG020-db056

Please correct me with the below information if i am wrong

ServerName: HE1PR0701MB2539

HE1=Helsinki datacenter
PR0701=?
MB2539=mailbox server

DatabaseName: EURP194DG020-db056
EURP194=ExchangeForest