SOLVED

Logs

Brass Contributor

Hi experts, i am using exchange hybrid environment

1 i was told to generate SMTP Receive logs & Connectivity logs , please help me with the syntax to generate the logs.

2. is it possible to generate logs by time frame like on July 24 4:00 AM logs.please help me syntax

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Rising Flight (Brass Contributor)
Solution

If you don't already have logging enabled, you'll need to do so.  You can do that either from the Exchange Admin Center or using the Exchange Management Shell.  The logs you'll need are most likely these:

• Front End Transport service on Mailbox servers:

• Receive connectors: %ExchangeInstallPath%TransportRoles\Logs\FrontEnd\ProtocolLog\SmtpReceive

• Send connectors: %ExchangeInstallPath%TransportRoles\Logs\FrontEnd\ProtocolLog\SmtpSend

But there are also send/receive logs here too:

• Transport service on Mailbox servers:

• Receive connectors: %ExchangeInstallPath%TransportRoles\Logs\Hub\ProtocolLog\SmtpReceive

• Send connectors: %ExchangeInstallPath%TransportRoles\Logs\Hub\ProtocolLog\SmtpSend

If the logs are already enabled, you should be able to just use the locations below to grab the data you need.  You can find details on how to configure the logging and the location of the logs here.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rising Flight (Brass Contributor)
Solution

If you don't already have logging enabled, you'll need to do so.  You can do that either from the Exchange Admin Center or using the Exchange Management Shell.  The logs you'll need are most likely these:

• Front End Transport service on Mailbox servers:

• Receive connectors: %ExchangeInstallPath%TransportRoles\Logs\FrontEnd\ProtocolLog\SmtpReceive

• Send connectors: %ExchangeInstallPath%TransportRoles\Logs\FrontEnd\ProtocolLog\SmtpSend

But there are also send/receive logs here too:

• Transport service on Mailbox servers:

• Receive connectors: %ExchangeInstallPath%TransportRoles\Logs\Hub\ProtocolLog\SmtpReceive

• Send connectors: %ExchangeInstallPath%TransportRoles\Logs\Hub\ProtocolLog\SmtpSend

If the logs are already enabled, you should be able to just use the locations below to grab the data you need.  You can find details on how to configure the logging and the location of the logs here.

View solution in original post