link to cel in another tab in the same workbook

Copper Contributor

I have a workbook in wich I use the next formula in the tab (worksheet) ACTION:

I want to see the content of some cels from other tabs (worksheets).

When i use:
=Infront!C18  >> this one works correct and shows the content of cel C18 in the tab Infront

=Infront!B18  >> this one does not work, it shows the text   =Infront!B18  as content

I tried changing the properties of the cel(s) from text to standard but that does not solve it.

I really do not understand why this happens.

4 Replies

Hi @Krisje65,

Could you please attached the sample screenshot or the file to assist you on your query 

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer to help the other members find it more

@Faraz Shaikh  

In coloms Werknemer and Contractduur maanden should be the content of the cells I refered to.
The other cells do show the content of the cells I refered to.

Hi @Krisje65

I think your formula might have leading or trailing spaces.. can you please attach the file 

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer to help the other members find it more

@Faraz Shaikh I can't send you the file completely because of confidential information. I removed this tab and copied and modified another working tab. So the file is now working again. Thank you for your effort.