Line count program that will work with 365

Copper Contributor

Does anyone have a line count program they use that works with 365?  With the recent update, my current line count software is unable to access my Word files and I have tried others and they are not working either.  I need a program that will count and make invoices for my clients.  

8 Replies
What exactly do you mean by “line count program” ?

@adam deltinger 

I have a program called MPTools and I have tried others including PractiCount.  It counts the lines/words in my documents and creates an invoice to bill my clients.  

I would start by contacting the makers of mptools here! If this is due to an update this will probably be remedied!

https://www.simpledictation.com/mptools

@adam deltinger 

Thank you.  I have contacted them.  They don't seem too concerned since there aren't many people having this problem.  They suggested me buying another one of their programs (not going to happen) or having all of my files converted to rtf and saving them as rtf from here on out.  

Not many people using office software?
Have you tried work this out with them?

@adam deltinger 

I guess there aren't many people YET that have asked them about it, so they think it's not a big problem.  They also said it's not a "sustainable venture" for them to offer phone support, etc.  They have never been a big help.  That is why I will not buy from them again.  I asked if they would be figuring out an update for it to work with the new Office update and they said due to it affecting "so few people" they are uncertain what they will do.  They told me to convert my files or find another software program.  So, basically, they don't give a crap.  I just thought maybe someone here would know a program that would work for me as I am not having much luck looking.  Thanks again.

Yeah, they don’t sound too helpful :\
Hopefully someone knows about some other tool or solution

Adam

@adam deltinger 

Have a great day!