SOLVED

Licenses - "Who Assigned This License" Report

Copper Contributor

EDIT:

I found where you would pull audit reports but it doesn't look like I have access to pull them.

Thank you all.

Hello all,

I was just wondering if a report/view can be run to see which Admin assigns licenses.

I tried researching this but can't find anything - I can only find "how to assign" licenses, not "which admin assigns licenses".

Example - 10/10 E3 licenses are used. I want to find out which Admin assigned those 10 licenses.

Thanks!

Regards,

Mike

4 Replies
best response confirmed by McGregor_Mike (Copper Contributor)
Solution
AFAIK you should be able to see this in the Azure AD audit logs or the unified audit log in the Office 365 security and compliance centre - see here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/reports-monitoring/concept-audit-logs

Only issue is that these logs only exist for a finite time and if you want to keep them for a long time you have to export them periodically

Hope that answers your question and you can find what you are looking for in these two logs

Let me know how you get on!

Best, Chris

@McGregor_Mike - Use Audit Log Search under Security and Compliance. Within Audit Log Search use Change user license activity under User management. It might not give you the details on what license is changed, but it might give you who performed a license change during a certain time to a certain user.

Thank you for the response.

I dug deeper and it looks like I don't have any access to pull audit reports. I will reach out to my manager.

Thanks!

@Sai GuttaThank you. I found the place where they would be but it looks like I do not have full access to pull audit reports.

Thanks for the information though!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by McGregor_Mike (Copper Contributor)
Solution
AFAIK you should be able to see this in the Azure AD audit logs or the unified audit log in the Office 365 security and compliance centre - see here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/reports-monitoring/concept-audit-logs

Only issue is that these logs only exist for a finite time and if you want to keep them for a long time you have to export them periodically

Hope that answers your question and you can find what you are looking for in these two logs

Let me know how you get on!

Best, Chris

View solution in original post