Licence query

Copper Contributor

Currently using Office 365 through work but will need to get my own licence. Was looking at Office 2019 and wondering what is the best / recommended way of swapping around Outlook pst and ost files seamlessly. Do I uninstall Office 365 and then install Office 2019 or is that not necessary.

Word and Excel should not be a problem as I understand the Docx and Xlx are compatible between the two. 

3 Replies
Why would you need to mess with ost/pst? Outlook supports multiple accounts just fine, you can have both your own and the work mailboxes added.

@Vasil Michev 

This is for use at home and only personal emails.

The pst files are a manual archive of my own domain emails and an archive of old email addresses emails.

The ost files relate to the 5 live mailboxes I use my with own domain and operate on a imap basis with 2gb storage. The pst mention in the above para contains emails from a couple of years ago and allows me to stay within the 2gb limit of my domain storage.

Not worried too much about how Outlook works, just trying to find out how best to downgrade from Office 365 to MS Office 2019.

@Qwakuk You can simply use OST to PST if this is what you need. https://www.easkme.com/2015/02/microsoft-exchange-ost-recovery-tool-to.html