SOLVED

Labels on Office 365

Copper Contributor

Hi all, I have an Office 365 subscription, as well as downloaded Word and Excel for Mac and Word. I mostly use Office on Mac, but need the Windows version because I do a lot of label generation and the Windows version is better.

I read about Office 2019 coming out - and how it said, "Everything in it is in Office 365" - and, it appears that Office 365 is really what we are being encouraged to move to, long term, vs. the Office 20xx versions.  So, I am trying to figure out how to do what I do with Word and Excel on Windows, in Office 365, regarding label generation from lists contained in named ranges in Excel.

I am sorry to say I can't even figure out how to start. I see nothing in Word/365 in my browser (Safari/Mac) that lets me start a mail merge -> pick labels -> pick a label from a list of manufacturer -> point to a named range in an Excel file. Everything I search for with Google seems to refer to Windows versions of Word and Excel.

Can anyone help me, is it possible to do label generation in Office 365? Thank you for your help!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by DonAwalt (Copper Contributor)
Solution

the confusion here stems from the fact that some marketing geniuses at Microsoft decided to use the "Office 365" name for a variety of different products, and even worse insist on using it interchangeably... Anyway, to answer your question, you should be using the full desktop (Windows) versions of the Office 365 Pro Plus package, as the web versions do not support labeling or mail merge.

Thanks you. Besides the product naming confusion they should really stop suggesting that Office 365/web is best for all users. I'll stick with the desktop versions!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DonAwalt (Copper Contributor)
Solution

the confusion here stems from the fact that some marketing geniuses at Microsoft decided to use the "Office 365" name for a variety of different products, and even worse insist on using it interchangeably... Anyway, to answer your question, you should be using the full desktop (Windows) versions of the Office 365 Pro Plus package, as the web versions do not support labeling or mail merge.

View solution in original post