Knowledge Management Solution

Copper Contributor

I work for a large utility in AZ and I am trying to solve a basic problem for my leadership team.  I am looking for a simple straight forward solution for centralizing resources (knowledge) for a leader.  I don't want a solution to re-create content, rather I'm looking for a single place that links to multiple sources of content maintained by other departments.  Consider my solution as the "Hub" and the "Spokes" link to numerous resources on other sites.

SharePoint may be an option, but I'd like more insight in either developing a solution or finding ready to go software tailored for our needs.  I looked at Project Cortex @Seth Patton , but need more guidance.  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks!

tpressaz

2 Replies

@tpressaz 

Our organisation uses Sharepoint and we have a OneNote Handbook linked to our Organisation Hub which contains all our company procedures, processes, IT how to Guides, Compliance and so for.  

It's used by new staff to familiarise themselves with the company and as as a reference manual for existing staff.

Something like that might work for you as you can place content in it or put in links to external content.

@PaulaSillars 

Thanks Paula for your response and information on using OneNote with SharePoint as a possible solution.  I am very familiar with both applications and may end up going this route.  Thanks!

Tom