Issues with Office 365 MFA

Copper Contributor

I've been testing MFA for a few weeks and constantly run into a few issues.

Setup:

Windows 10 Enterprise

Office 2016

Freshly imaged desktop

Issues:

1. Despite having modern auth. enabled, I still have to enter an App Password for Skype for Business

2. Its my understanding that the App Password would only have to be entered once, yet I am prompted for it maybe twice a week.

3. I don't log out at the end of the day, I simply lock my PC (many of out employees do the same). When I get back the next morning and am prompted by Outlook for the 6-digit code, when I enter it, it will not be accepted. I have to restart the PC before it does. Happens occasionally. I have video of this, and if there is a recommended way to post this, I will.

4. When I open Outlook, it does not prompt me for the code. It will just sit there, not fully loaded. I have to close Skype for business and Outlook and open Skype back up, at which point I am prompted. Then I can open Outlook. Happens regularly.

If there are any questions, please ask.

1 Reply

If I remember right, i had to delete my sign in from Skype for Business, then sign in again and it started working but I haven't used Skype for Business in so long I can't remember.

As for MFA, I only have the Outlook password issue on Password reset sometimes where only rebooting will stop it form Prompting over and over.