SOLVED

Is the traffic from the Outlook iOS App still redirected to the US servers?

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello Everyone,

while Exchange was still in power, the Outlook iOS App used to redirect the email traffic first in the US servers, for indexing, then came to ours (in Europe). Now it's all in the cloud, so theoretically it should the same everywhere we are, but the possibility still exists.

Given that the privacy laws are "stronger" in EU compared to the US, is this still done, or do I have to avoid using the iOS App?

Thanks in advance.

BR

4 Replies
best response

@Deleted 

Apparently all IOS Outlook, IMAP traffic is redirected through Microsoft servers in the Netherlands. I have the following IP here in the IMAP server logs, for example:  52.125.141.18

The problem is:

a.) From a security standpoint this is questionable and

b.) I have a problem with a particular IMAP provider here in Austria. While the Desktop PC Outlook connects without problems, the IOS Outlook using IMAP traffic redirection over the Netherlands causes a weird authentication problem.

Any ideas anyone how to solve that? Why does MS redirect the IMAP traffic at all?

Thanks // Tom

I too have the same issues @Tom8010 

Today updated my Outlook IOS client and while testing, noticed that the mail traffic is routed through Microsoft network

My Email IMAP Server is managed by myself.

Same test with iPhone Mail client, the traffic goes directly to my Mail Server.

Is there a way to stop this behaviour?

Thanks in advance,

Badri

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response