Internal Blogging - Delve?

Brass Contributor

I'm looking for a company-wide blogging solution.  The idea: If a user comes across something to share (how-to, problem/solution, tip, trick, etc (so it can be found by others in search results) they can post to their blog if they don't know where else to publish.  

It seems to be lacking (esp lack of subscriber/follower potential), and may no longer be under development from things I'm reading online.   So I'm concerned about recommending it if it's being abandoned.  

Ultimately, I'm looking for a solution that enables the following scenario:

1. User realizes he/she has knowledge to share, but doesn't know where to put it
  2. User can quickly post somewhere
  3. That somewhere is searchable through SharePoint's All Company search

If you have other ideas about how to solve this, I'm interested.

2 Replies
I believe Yammer could be an option! You can have different groups for ideas , solutions , share files and people can submit feedback etc! Yammer is so much more than a this though, so keep that in mind!
Also an org-wide team could be an option, but same thing there! Neither of these is just something you roll out to users on a day, but if you currently use any of these I’d start there!
we are doing this by posting content to designate channels in Teams. I can share a tweet or web page from my phone to a channel for my colleagues and it works quite nicely.

The blog in Delve is underwhelming to say the least.

Another approach is to have a dedicate SPO site and tell people to create new pages there, you could have several different page templates that are preconfigured with layouts and web parts for different purposes with metadata to facilitate cross site searching.