Inactive Contacts

Copper Contributor

I have a client with many contacts. In order to comply with GDPR and not retain any unnecessary contacts he would like to get a report from Outlook showing when was the last time that each contact was sent an email or we received an email from them. It would be great if he could get a report showing all of the contacts for an account that have been inactive for (say) 2 years and then he could delete them if he wished. 

Is it possible to get such a report? I have looked at a commercial product call 

4 Replies
Nothing out of the box springs to mind. Perhaps a powershell script to get the email address of each contact, then search the mailbox for any items where that email address is the To, Cc, Bcc or From address, then dump the creation date of that item to a csv.

Not simple though, really.

Thanks @Rob Ellis 

That would certainly do it, a big job in powershell though I would have thought. I may well have a go at it (one for the long winter's nights I think). If anybody has any bits of powershell that might help please let me know, it might help me piece them together.

@NeilB19630519 

Since the cmdlet Get-MessageTrackingLog is not available on O365, anybody know of a way of doing the same thing in O365?