Importing Email Accounts Into Outlook 2016

Copper Contributor

I'm using a new laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have a subscription to Office 365 Home. I want to import 27 email accounts, 25 of them being Microsoft email accounts, into Outlook 2016. I don't know why, but the import process is not working properly.

I first imported my main Microsoft email account, the one associated with Office 365 Home, into Outlook 2016 with no problems. However, when importing the second Microsoft email account it ended up in one of the folders of the main Microsoft email account I previously imported.  It doesn't matter how many times I uninstall Office 365 Home or the entire Windows 10 operating system the same problem occurs. I have deleted profiles and created new profiles but the problem exists.

I just did a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro x64 on this XPS 15 9560 laptop after a full, complete format. I want to delete any and all registry information and any and all information in any and all folders that have anything to do with Microsoft 365 Home and Outlook 2016. I want to delete all information connected with my Office 365 Home or Outlook 2016 from Microsoft's servers. I want to delete or remove whatever is preventing me from properly importing the 25 Microsoft email accounts. I have already made the registry change that will allow more than 10 Microsoft Exchange accounts in Outlook 2016.

Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to completely delete profiles and any other entries that are associated with Outlook 2016?

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

6 Replies

It's not hard, it sounds like you don't know the terminology your using and your causing confusion on yourself. You don't use Import which sounds like what you did and why you have a folder on your original account of your e-mail.

Importing means your importing E-mail from another folder/pst/account into your existing primary account. 

What you want and assuming your wanting is 25 e-mail accounts setup in Outlook, which you need to go to the File > Account Settings > Account Settings. Then click new under E-mail to add more accounts to Outlook to manage.

Thank you, Mr. Webb, for your prompt reply. I appreciate it very much.

Actually, I've done it both ways. I don't want to import another email account into my primary account. That is exactly what is happening and it should not happen. I should be able to import a Microsoft email account into Outlook 2016 as it's own account, not part of my primary account.

I have also successfully created new email accounts in Outlook 2016 one at a time by using File > Account Settings > Account Settings and by closing Outlook 2016 and going to Control Panel>Mail>Email Accounts. I have done it both ways many, many times in the past without running into any problems. At no time in the past did importing email accounts or creating email accounts using both methods cause the problem I am now facing.

Basically, I want to delete anything and everything in Outlook 2016, Microsoft Office 365 Home and on Microsoft's servers that is associated with my Outlook 2016 profile. The problem is that, even when I create new email accounts one at a time using both methods they end up being placed in a folder in my primary Microsoft email account instead of being created as individual Microsoft email accounts, which should not happen. I need to delete any and all information relating to my Outlook 2016 profile. That is all I'm asking.

Thank you again for your prompt reply.

you delete profiles by going to control panel, and in the search box on control panel type in "Mail" you'll see a mail 32bit or whatever app. Go here and you can easily delete mail profiles.

Thanks again for your assistance, Mr. Webb. I've done that on several occasions, and I've also done it through Outlook 2016>File>Account Settings>Manage Profiles. It doesn't matter. The second Microsoft email account I try to create on Outlook 2016 is still incorporated within the first, primary Microsoft email account I add to Outlook 2016, even after I've deleted my profile from within Outlook 2016 and through Control Panel>Mail. That's why I'm trying to track down every single location associated with Outlook 2016/Microsoft Office 365 and delete everything related to my profile. I never had this problem before when creating email accounts within Outlook 2016, Windows Live Mail and Windows Mail and I've done it at least two dozen times in the past. I really do appreciate your time and your assistance. It looks like I'm out of luck. I'll give it a few more tries and then I'll move on to a different email client and cancel my Microsoft Office 365 subscription, since I use Office only for Outlook 2016.

If it's incorporating then you have to be seting the e-mail accounts up as Pop accounts and it's dumping into a folder, if they are all exchange online / microsoft accounts, if you pick Exchange etc. then it should create a separate drop down of the mailbox you add. It's worked like this for at least 8-10 years now that I can remember so It has to be with something with how your adding your mail accounts.

Screenshots would help us determine what you might be doing wrong.

I always add the two sbcglobal.net accounts last. The two sbcglobal accounts are the only POP accounts I have and the only email accounts I need to manually configure. I choose "Exchange" for every Microsoft email account and it automatically configures the account properly, with the exception of this latest problem I'm having. Of course, I alter the registry first so that I can add more than the ten allowed Exchange accounts. There must be something in the registry or a folder within Windows that is retaining something having to do with my profile but as I've mentioned before, deleting the profile accomplishes absolutely nothing.

I just used a Microsoft ISO for Windows 10 to install Windows on this new laptop. I'll try to add the Microsoft email accounts to Outlook 2016 in a few days. Meanwhile, I'm going to track down every folder and every registry listing having to do with Microsoft Office 365 and Outlook 2016 until I discover what is causing this problem. Only then will I install Office 365 Home and attempt to create these Microsoft email accounts within Outlook 2016. I will either succeed or fail. I will take screenshots at that time.

Thanks again, Mr. Webb.