SOLVED

import Calendar, E-Mails, Tasks, contacts

Copper Contributor

There is a company which has Win 7 – On premise. They just want to start from NULL and have Cloud-Only (Win10).

They have XXX.com and they want to have YYY.org (completely another domain).  Now the question is:

How can we backup and save Calendar, E-Mails, Tasks, contacts from XXX  and import it to YYY in Cloud?

8 Replies
How many users sre you migrating?

Adam

almost 150 Users

I would use a third party migration tool!
There are several of them to find if you bing :)
I’m not sure if office 365 natively supports this type of migrations..been awhile since I did that..I’ll check up on that or @Vasil Michev probably has an answer for that

There is the good ol export the .pst file but it’s more manual work and inkludes caveats!

Well what do they currently use? You are not giving anything specific, so all we can advise you is to review the general documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mailbox-migration/mailbox-migration

True, I was thinking from an exchange perspective
What kind of mail service are you running now? On-premises exchange ? Or something else?

On-Premise Exchange

best response confirmed by Bahareh Mohammadzadeh Akhlaghi (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Thanks! Vasils link explains the different ways to do it the Microsoft way! Usually a hybrid is set up or cut over method used, but as the documentation explains, the on premises domain must be present in office 365 ( primary domain if I remember correctly ) also hybrid goes away since you are cutting all ties and only use a new domain!
Have a look at any third party tools like bittitan or such! There is a licensing fee of course but it’s very competent tools And often very user friendly

Adam
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Bahareh Mohammadzadeh Akhlaghi (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Thanks! Vasils link explains the different ways to do it the Microsoft way! Usually a hybrid is set up or cut over method used, but as the documentation explains, the on premises domain must be present in office 365 ( primary domain if I remember correctly ) also hybrid goes away since you are cutting all ties and only use a new domain!
Have a look at any third party tools like bittitan or such! There is a licensing fee of course but it’s very competent tools And often very user friendly

Adam

View solution in original post