imap service in office 365

Copper Contributor

Is anyone else seeing delays/ timeout with the Office365 Imap service making it almost impossible to use. I have raised a support call and been told they cant help as the email client is evolution and thunderbird on Linux systems.

3 Replies

I have not seen this.

Can you perhaps gran the email headers from the message so we can try to get an idea where the delay is coming from?

It would be one thing if the delay is happening once inside Microsoft's system, that would be something they should be able to look into.

If the delay is happening on the client however, I understand their statement, they cant do much to troubleshoot a third party platform.

The only way to know will be if we can see the full email headers of a message however to see where the delay is occurring.

Adam

Talking with our software developers who are having the problem run Linux and use Evolution and Thunderbird as their mail clients. The issue is with connecting to MS IMAP service and reading the email, lengthy delays and random disconnects. At the same time they also experienced issue with sending email via the smtp.office365.com. Attempting to connect with openssl s_client they can see the server banner with virtually zero latency, the issues seems to be after the STARTTLS handshake. We have temporary overcome the sending issue by relaying their outbound email via our hybrid on premise CAS server. 

Hi @David Rich one of our customers is also experiencing issue's with IMAP connections in Office 365.
User x can succesful perform the https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com IMAP test. User Y can't. Same setup, same license. No differences between accounts. But, the IMAP feature does not work for user Y.
I had the issue myself as well. After disabling my Microsoft MFA, the IMAP issue is gone. Test worked.
But the customer is not using Microsoft MFA. I've got a support ticket with Microsoft, if i have news, i will share it with you.

Regards, Martijn