SOLVED

imap o365

Copper Contributor

Hi All, 

We're looking to have one mailbox in O365 that will be IMAP enabled, what is required for that connectivity?  Can we secure that somehow with a VPN to O365?

Thanks,

6 Replies
Hi! Yes, but what is the reason for this?
Also, you don’t connect to office 365 via vpn!
Explain your scenario

Sure, we have a really important application that needs and uses mailbox and they're requirement is IMAP, we obviously pushed back on this but have no choice but to turn IMAP on for this application.  I would like to do it in the most secure manner possible, we don't have those ports open.  This is the reason I was asking about VPN. 

If a VPN is not feasible for this one application/server then perhaps we can use access lists to open those ports specifically to those servers rather than open it globally. 

Thanks,

Interesting...I think this App should do just the other way around: be able to work with Office 365 while conneted to a VPN...check this article: https://www.vpnmentor.com/blog/how-to-use-microsoft-onedrive-office-365-with-a-vpn/

Thanks I'm looking for a more enterprise way of connecting using firewalls etc. I'd rather not use NordVPN in our organization. 

best response confirmed by Eddie Sardinha (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Yeah, i think you are on the right track opening ports specifically for that server/application
You want to look into Conditional Access to limited login for this account to a single location or Client Access Rules in Exchange Online to do the same (and restrict protocol to IMAP, as I think you can do that too)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Eddie Sardinha (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Yeah, i think you are on the right track opening ports specifically for that server/application

View solution in original post