Images uploaded to Picture Library no longer reference-able/displaying List Web Part/Promoted Link

Copper Contributor

As of Friday (4/13/18) my List Web Part/Promoted Links which referenced images uploaded to my Picture Library was displaying the images perfectly.  When I logged in this morning, all the images showed the 'default' blank page in the List Tile View.  All but 2 display this way, I noticed the 2 that do not reference a URL on the web vs an image I uploaded to the Picture Library.  Please help (see screen shot). 

4 Replies
I have got the exact same problem. It is really annoying because I can't just replace all the images in all my sites.

I don't know if that would work anyways.  I tried re-uploading images and resetting the URL destination.  I also tried adding a 150 x 150 image as that is what's recommended, it still didn't work. Very very frustrating.  

@null null I did resolve my issue, it was pretty convoluted how I had to do it.  And still doesnt explain why it got messed up in the first place.  I went to my image library and when i clicked Copy URL, I changed the permission setting, it was set so that a user had to have the physical link to view the image...i changed it.   The URL that was generated still wasnt right, so i had to delete portions of the URL (see screen shot).  Then I added the newly created URL to the Promoted Links destination.  I got all my Images back! Hope this works for you.  (again, see screen shots for steps I took).  

@Christine Seidman Thank you for your solution!

It seems to work but I agree it is odd. Why it suddenly stopped working and needs a different method do work.