SOLVED

iLo and O365

Brass Contributor

We are trying to get out iLO devices to send email via O365 SMTP. We have set up a SMTP relay that works perfectly fine with our copiers/scanners, UPS units, etc. But anytime we try and get it to work with the iLO or iDRAC, it fails. We did some testing and set up a Gmail SMTP relay, and wouldn't you know it, the email sends just fine. The issue we are seeing is that the "from" address of the iLO is not the same as the authentication address for the SMTP relay, which leads to a rejection. The iLOs create a very weird "from" address. Has anyone else had this issues and successfully solved it? I assume I need to add something in O365 to allow it?

5 Replies
May I ask what the “from” address is?

Adam

Each iLO or iDRAC produces something different, but for the one I am testing: ILOESXI01.nfb.local@risebakingcompany.com

best response confirmed by Tyler Miller (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi Tyler,

Could always try direct send which is option 2 on here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/how-to-set-up-a-multifunction-dev...

Create an inbound connector on 365 from the IP address of your firewall and then set the device to send to the 365 MX unauthenticated. Assuming you’ve set up the firewall correctly to allow the device to send through it.

Done this a few times with organisations who have issues with relaying.

Let me know how you get on.

Best, Chris

That worked!!!!

@Christopher Hoard 

Hi Chris,

Is it safe to send out to O365 without encryption?  If we have multiple devices, have to create port 25 open for each in the firewall?

How do we set up redundancy?

As

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Tyler Miller (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi Tyler,

Could always try direct send which is option 2 on here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/how-to-set-up-a-multifunction-dev...

Create an inbound connector on 365 from the IP address of your firewall and then set the device to send to the 365 MX unauthenticated. Assuming you’ve set up the firewall correctly to allow the device to send through it.

Done this a few times with organisations who have issues with relaying.

Let me know how you get on.

Best, Chris

View solution in original post