How to sell Office 365 to a healthcare organization

Copper Contributor

Good afternoon everyone

I have a client who is interested in Office 365 for their organization, but thinks its too costly and time consuming to make the move. 

I think I can sell them on the benefits and ROI by showing the following:

1. Licencing costs for email, laptops, tablets, office, project and Visio all go down

2. Ability to utilize SharePoint in the cloud, along with Planner to be more productive

3. Ability to use Project for resource allocation

4. Eliminate need to use PPM Pro, old SharePoint (2010 I think), thus saving $$.

My thought on using Server and SharePoint would be that with a few custom pages they can do everything they are doing with PPM Pro, which is essentially resource allocation, time tracking and general portfolio management. Plus I am sure we could build some integration to Service Now to auto generate tickets required per their processes. 

My main issue though is where to start. I'm not sure if Microsoft sales helps with this or can give me any tools to use to help them understand the cost reductions. 

Any insights are very appreciated

Thanks

4 Replies

Hi @Brian_Reno - you may want to create an account on transform.microsoft.com and use the ROI tool there.

Hi @Brian_Reno - I work at a large healthcare organization and we made the jump a few years ago.  For SharePoint, we migrated from SharePoint 2010 on premise to SharePoint Online (plus Exchange and Skype) and I would never go back.

If your client would like to talk to another organization that has already done this move, feel free to reach out to me via LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/kdjones74/) .

@Kelly_Edinger Great thank you very much. I will definitely do that. 

@Deleted Thank you Kelly! I appreciate that, and will take you up on that! 

I'm particularly interested in a few items

1. From a cost perspective - how beneficial was the move for your organization

2. Did you do licencing for everything, email, office, Windows for laptops, tablets ect, or which did you do? 

3. Did you replace your project management software with Project/SharePoint? 

4. Did your organization take advantage of moving other key products to Microsoft like Power BI for visualization instead of Tableau, BO, Qlik ect? 

I'll reach out via Linkedin

Thanks again!