How to get the OneDrive link for auto download a file?

Iron Contributor

Hi,

I need to download a file from OneDrive which will be automatically download when opening the link.  Dropbox can do it. I wonder if OneDrive can do it.

Thanks,

6 Replies

@Grace Yin 

Hey,

If you had either ?download=1 or &download=1 to the end of the URL, it will just pop up with the save dialogue, if the link is set as 'anyone can view'. If I recall correctly, you use &download=1 for Office files and ?download=1 for others, like executables. Worth playing about with it confirm.

@Ru 

Thank you for your reply. I tested and it didn't work. 

I want to download executable file directly when launching the link. ?dl=1 works for Dropbox link but not OneDrive link.

@Grace Yin 

What is the file extension?

I created a automated way to cut and paste the embed link to then generate a download link, since 2014. https://metadataconsulting.blogspot.com/2019/03/OneDrive-2019-Direct-File-Download-URL-Maker.html
You are awesome dude!
Thanks a lot

Hola a todos, necesito una aplicación igual a la que se usa en google drive para obtener los links de las carpetas pero de forma masiva. La aplicación se llama : Download Link Generator for Drive™. Pero cuando uso las carpetas de outlook no tienen una aplicación similar.