SOLVED

How to get the ICS of shared mailbox

Copper Contributor

Dear all,

Does anyone know how to share an calendar and get the ICS address for a shared mailbox calendar?

I have tried the steps to share a calendar and it seems to only work for my own calendar even tho I have full admin rights, also I cannot login to the shared mailbox calendar since the shared mailbox does not have an office 365 license.

4 Replies

Hi Peter,

For the second question, no, you cannot login as a shared mailbox. The shared mailbox does not need a license, but the user who is accessing the mailbox must have a license. 

best response confirmed by Peter Bergström (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Exchange online powershell: try the following I think it should work on Shared mailbox by turning on publishing and then getting the URL to use.

Run Set-MailboxCalendarFolder <Username>:\Calendar -PublishEnabled $true
Run Get-MailboxCalendarFolder <Username>:\Calendar |fl or Get-MailboxCalendarFolder <Username>:\calendar |fl publishedcalendarurl. This will output the published calendar html (and ics) urls. Others can use this url to view the publisher’s calendar.

Thank you @Deleted, works perfectly!

Hello - sorry to daisy chain off this conversation but I'm getting a "permission denied" when I try to start a new discussion.

I'm trying to create an ICS file from a shared mailbox. It works fine, however all of the formatting is lost from the original Appointment in the ICS file.

I've attached a screen shot of the original appointment which contains the desired formatting as well as the ICS file that is created which loses the formatting.

Thanks for any help!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Peter Bergström (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Exchange online powershell: try the following I think it should work on Shared mailbox by turning on publishing and then getting the URL to use.

Run Set-MailboxCalendarFolder <Username>:\Calendar -PublishEnabled $true
Run Get-MailboxCalendarFolder <Username>:\Calendar |fl or Get-MailboxCalendarFolder <Username>:\calendar |fl publishedcalendarurl. This will output the published calendar html (and ics) urls. Others can use this url to view the publisher’s calendar.

View solution in original post