How to display read-only calendar on a public computer

Copper Contributor

Hello!

My name is Jake, I'm an admin at a volunteer fire brigade in Sydney. We've recently established not-for-profit 365 and are looking to make best use of the system.

We want to create a brigade calendar that can hold all our events, bookings etc in one place. Not all members have a 365 account.

Bottom line of what I'm trying to do:

• Calendar every 365 account can edit (public folder calendar - lots of tutorials so that's ok)
  • A way to display this calendar, live, on a computer WITHOUT logging into an account

We don't necessarily want the account logged in on the central computer because then anyone could go in and send emails/edit the calendar etc and seek to keep some control over that.

Also after thoughts on what is the best calendar to use - SharePoint, Teams or Outlook...

I think that explains it? Cheers.

2 Replies
I would create a new calendar, edit permissions and set it as public and from there you can get an html link and embed it somewhere or have it in Teams via the website tab..

See this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/making-a-public-calendar-in-outlook/141c3ced-...

Adam

To get the second part working, you need the "publish" functionality, which isn't available for PF Calendars. Instead, create a shared mailbox and use its calendar. You can adjust the "default" permissions so that everyone inside the tenant can edit it, and publish the Calendar for external, anonymous access.