📈 How to create a Gantt Chart view in Microsoft or SharePoint Lists

MVP

NEW VIDEO N. 116

In this video tutorial, you'll learn how to change the view in a Microsoft or SharePoint List, setting up a Gantt Chart.

We'll go through a modern technique that allows us to change the look and feel of a List.

#Microsoft365 #Tutorial #GiulianoDeLuca #KnowledgeSharing #tips #tricks #tech #learning #MicrosoftLists #SharePoint #MicrosoftTeams

11 Replies
Good video, easy to understand and follow.
Great to learn about Grantt chart view in MS List. Would it be possible to have multiple entries for Project A and show in one Grantt Chart ?
Hi, yes by changing the JSON is possible
This is awesome — how could I account for tasks/projects that begin in one year and continue to the next? I.e. in the example there are only months 1-12, but how could I set it up to contain 2-3 years of month ranges?

@Giuliano De Lucathanks for this tutorial!
I am experiencing a similar use case to other people in this thread.

My items have start - end date ranges that go across more than 1 year.

What would be the ideal JSON structure to visualize these types of tasks?

Appreciate your support.

Thanks @perrigiu for your feedback I'll make another video to cover this scenario
I’m looking forward to that video!

@CLederho 

Here is a web part on the store which can be used to display a Gantt chart for a List, with more advanced options, and embedded in a page: 

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-gb/product/office/WA200004725?tab=Overview 

Great video and easy to understand- many thanks. I updated the JSON and everything looks great except I do not get the colored bar to show up in the gantt chart. Can you help?

Thanks, @Giuliano De Luca! A great video. As others have noted in the comments, is there a way to show the gantt across two different years? The other challenge I'm having is that the Sharepoint I use is set to UK date format (DD/MM/YYYY), can the JSON code work for this or will I need to change the date format to US to make it work? Many thanks!  

@Giuliano De Luca - for the Gantt Chart view, is there a solution to have a start-end date span more than one year?

Tim