SOLVED

how to connect to compliance protection

Iron Contributor

Hi Experts, 

From exchange online powershell module i have used the below syntax to connect to compliance protection, i am getting below error. I am logged in with my laptop with username: user1@contoso.com but my privilege account to connect to exchange online powershell module is user2@contoso.com with mfa enabled. user1@contoso.com is local admin on my laptop.

Connect-IPPSSession -UserPrincipalName user2@contoso.com

PS C:> Connect-IPPSSession -UserPrincipalName user2@contoso.com
WARNING: Your connection has been redirected to the following URI:
"https://eur03c.ps.compliance.protection.outlook.com/PowerShell-LiveId BasicAuthToOAuthConversion=true;PSVersion=5.1.16
299.1146 "
WARNING: The names of some imported commands from the module 'tmp_quu4z3hb.tkx' include unapproved verbs that might make them less discoverable. To find the commands with unapproved verbs, run the Import-Module command again with the Verbose parameter. For a list of approved verbs, type Get-Verb

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Roger Roger (Iron Contributor)
Solution

That's not an error but a warning, which you can ignore. You can also simply run Connect-IPPSSession without any parameters and provide credentials when asked.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Roger Roger (Iron Contributor)
Solution

That's not an error but a warning, which you can ignore. You can also simply run Connect-IPPSSession without any parameters and provide credentials when asked.

View solution in original post