SOLVED

How to change default pre-configured auto reply message text in Admin Portal.

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Every time I convert a user mailbox to a shared mailbox, it asks me to automatically answer with an already default preconfigured message. 

Well, this message was set up when Outlook 365 was deployed and migration from Exchange was done and now, I'd like to change it because it is wrong written.

I already know I can change the message from each mailbox settings but what I'm looking for is the way to change pre-configured message in Outlook 365 admin portal so, each time I convert a user mailbox to a shared mailbox I'll get automatically pre-configured the right message.

Thanks in advance,

2 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Where exactly in the portal do you see this? Are you referring to the "delete user" wizard/flow? If so, try updating the message the next time you go over the steps, it should probably update. There is no configuration setting for this anywhere in O365, it's a purely UI thing.

Alternatively you can use the Feedback button on the lower right corner to report it.

@Vasil Michev Even you update that message during the deletion flow, The same message appears the next time.

Could be useful to be edited because we are in Mexico and that message appears by default in english.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Where exactly in the portal do you see this? Are you referring to the "delete user" wizard/flow? If so, try updating the message the next time you go over the steps, it should probably update. There is no configuration setting for this anywhere in O365, it's a purely UI thing.

Alternatively you can use the Feedback button on the lower right corner to report it.

View solution in original post