How to change default mailbox language?

Copper Contributor

Hi!

Our organization is located in Italy but if I create a new mailbox and do not make a prior access to OWA (where I am asked to specify time zone and language) the default folder names are shown in English when I set up the account at Outlook 2016/2019. Is there a cmdlet that allows you to set the Italian language without having to log in all the users at the same time? Thank you

5 Replies

Hey,

you can do this via a CMDlet called "Set-MailboxRegionalConfiguration": 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/client-access/set-mailboxregionalconfigu...

basically this is the needed CMDlet

Set-MailboxRegionalConfiguration -Identity "Marcelo Teixeira" -Language it-IT -LocalizeDefaultFolderName

All the best

Robin

Thanks!

But is it possible to apply the command to all the exisiting and future mailboxes?

Do I mean multiple mailboxes with the same command, or do I need to run the command one mailbox at a time?

You have to get all the necessary mailboxes in a first command! With get-mailbox! Then you can pipe them to a other common like the above one! You can also pick all the mailboxes from a csv for example and then loop through them all with the above command ( that command too needs to be altered )
If you need help building this, let us know which mailboxes or if you have a set of users to do this on!

Adam

Thanks!

I give a try!