SOLVED

How long to display a spam policy created by PowerShell in Exchange Admin console?

MVP

I have created a new Exchange Spam Policy using the new-hostedcontentfilterpolicy command. I can view all the policies like so in PowerShell:

Capture.PNG

However, when I look in the Exchange Admin console they don't appear as yet.

Capture.PNG

How long should I expect to wait before I see them appear in the console after using PowerShell to create?

2 Replies

It should be shown immediately, in theory. I did a test and I'm also not seeing a newly created policy in either the EAC or the SCC, so I guess there's some issue on the backend. Open a support case?

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Worked out why it doesn't appear. After creating the new-hostedfilterpolicy you need to run the new-hostedcontentfilterrule to apply the policy to domains or senders. Once you run this, the rule then appears in the Exchange admin console!

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Worked out why it doesn't appear. After creating the new-hostedfilterpolicy you need to run the new-hostedcontentfilterrule to apply the policy to domains or senders. Once you run this, the rule then appears in the Exchange admin console!

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post