How do I block Microsoft yellow info bar ads?

Copper Contributor

A few times per week I get these annoying ads from office 365.  I think the last one was advertising a free month if I change to monthly billing.  They show up in Excel and Word (and I assume the other applications as well - but I use Excel and Word much more often.)

I can find no documentation about how to get rid of these ads. 

I want them to go away.

Forever.

Thanks!  Screenshot of an example (advertising Word templates) below.

infoAd.JPG

29 Replies
In Word (Office 365), try disabling "connected experiences".

Go to Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Privacy Options > Privacy Settings, then uncheck "Turn on optional connected experiences"
This worked for me. Thank you.
This does not do the trick. Annoying spam from MS still comes up and distorts document display until it is manually removed. Literally a "make work" error by Microsoft. (Teenage app designers?)
I'm just getting horrible Microsoft adverts in the info bar...WTF honestly its a bloody paid product, ditch this stuff Satya if you want to keep selling Office...total stupidity!
Has any one found a solution yet? I have a paid office 365 subscription and still get these annoying messages. I've looked under Trust Center Settings and see no options for connected experiences. These messages started appearing after a recent automatic Microsoft update.

I keep getting this one anyone know how to get rid of it

garthy_0-1693051189453.png

@garthy 

I agree that this is a "feature" that should be automatically disabled for paying customers.

The way I turned it off:

File > Options > Privacy Settings > Scrolll down...

Disable:  Connected experiences:

-Experiences that analyze your content
-Experiences that download online content
-All connected experiences

-Personalized Offers and Discounts for Microsoft Products:

Then press [OK] and make sure to restart your Excel.

It IS SPAM!
This works but unfortunately for TEAMS they still send annoying popup tips that never time out even with "Optional connected experiences" turned OFF.
The only true solution is to get off of MSO get on Linux with Open Office Suite! Even though this is not realistic when working for a larger organization with tech illiteracy syndrome, it is palliative to have one's own laptop with a Linux OS installed in the same workspace. Then every time one gets annoyed by MS software, go on the Linux machine and play some music, make a meme, read some chat mail, etc.