SOLVED

How Do Contact folders fit into POP & MAPI accounts in Office Outlook 365

Copper Contributor

How Contacts fit into POP & MAPI accounts in Office Outlook 365?

Discussion-

I use two accounts in my Outlook 365: POP and MAPI. Years of migrating from one PC to another, I now seem to have the problem that I can’t always find/search for the email address that I need.

There are two contacts folders – one in each account

Contacts Properties in each shows name1@domainname.com  and name2@outlook.com

Each has significantly difference number of contacts.  (properties show number of all items)

Problem- 

has arisen that I can’t access all emails accounts in the name1@outlook.com account.

Questions-

Can I must copy one contact folder into the other outlook.com account?

Change the properties name?

Can I copy the "suggested" from one account to the other that has very few suggested contacts?

Where are these relationships described?

Is the contact properties email supposed to match the particular account?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by HowardJ (Copper Contributor)
Solution
The PST file associated with the Account contains the contacts data. If you have two Accounts you will have two PST files. In Outlook you can export the from the File \ Open Export option to export contacts out and you can also import contacts to merge the two lists. You'll need to manually fix any duplicates

@Steve Knutson   Forgot to say Thanks!.    Very clear info.  /Howardm

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HowardJ (Copper Contributor)
Solution
The PST file associated with the Account contains the contacts data. If you have two Accounts you will have two PST files. In Outlook you can export the from the File \ Open Export option to export contacts out and you can also import contacts to merge the two lists. You'll need to manually fix any duplicates

View solution in original post