How can I escalate issues in Office 365?

Copper Contributor

I opened a support query last Friday due to outgoing emails being restrcited / marked as spam when they are genuine emails. (customer receipts, we've been sending these for 2 years without issue and they fall withing O365 send limits).

On Saturday I provided the technician with required info (had to copy and paste headers, attach emails forward emails etc.). Today was asked to provide same information again. Having now spent 2 hours on this I would like to speak to someone who can fix the problem!

Is there an official route to escalate this?

8 Replies
Hi!

Global support phone numbers are here

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4051701/global-customer-service-phone-numbers

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

The official path is through support, only the engineer can escalate the issue. If he's giving you trouble, ask for a manager, etc. You can also try pinging Russell in this thread: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-365/How-can-I-escalate-issues-in-Office-365/m-p/555850...

Thanks - I will give them a call and see if they can assist further.

Hi @Russell Read

are you able to assist at all? Not getting anywhere with support and nearly a week has passed since reporting the issue.

Thanks.

Thanks for this post - we are having similar issues - @Russell Read 
We have previously opened a ticket (Case # 34511506) related to our organization's SCL (Spam Filtering Level) being at level #9, thus affecting all our users' incoming and outgoing emails, which is a very frustrating and critical matter for the whole organization. We had been submitting daily requests of emails for review through 365 Defender, but these requests are handled per specific email rather than a comprehensive solution for our issue.

On Thursday, I provided the technician with the required info (I copied and pasted headers, attached emails, forwarded emails, etc.). Since there was no follow-up, the next day, I called to provide the same information again. Having spent 2.5 hours on this, and there needs to be a follow-up message/email/call, I would like to speak to someone who can fix the problem!

Is there an official route to escalate this? Our MSFT Case # is 34511506

Hey @mm2023 Did you get anywhere on this?  I think we're having the same issue and I'm looking for any advice I can get. 

I've done the analysis which clearly shows it's a reputation issue with their specific Outlook servers IP address.  They keep claiming it's our domain name, but Google Tools and MX Toolbox show that our domain name has the highest reputation available.  We're compliant with SPF, DMARC and DKIM but can't send to Gmail without being rate limited, and the bouncebacks specifically state it's due to their Outlook servers IP address.

I'd appreciate any help or directions you could provide.  Thanks for your time.

@itprofile999 

The official method is to escalate through support via ticket number

Hey @Kidd_Ip the problem is there doesn't seem to be an automatic escalation.  My ticket has been open for over a month now, I've asked several times for it to be escalated and I'm still working with the front line tech on an issue that he likely doesn't have the knowledge or access to fix.  Personally, I'm looking for experience with how to phrase it, people I can CC on a reply to the ticket.. ANYTHING that will get them to move in the right direction.  Based on other conversation threads I've seen on this topic, it is possible but apparently not as easy as just having a ticket open (or even plainly asking for it).