Highlighted Content for Modern Site Pages based on Enterprise Keywords

Copper Contributor

I am trying to get some content from my Site Pages library to display in the Highlighted Content Web Part on a Modern Site Page.

If I do it based on the title of the document, then it works and shows me the Site Pages. I have turned on Enterprise Keywords to both the Site Pages list and my Shared Documents List (turned the documents some hours after the site pages).

I have tagged several of the Site Pages with 'example-tag', and some documents in the Document library. When I search for the tag in the normal search box, I get the correct documents listed. But when I choose EnterpriseKeywords as Managed Property and filter for 'Contains' 'example-tag' in the Highlighted Content web part, I now just get the one document from the Document Library that I tagged with the same tag just for a test.

If I choose a tag that I have only set on the Site Pages library, then it just shows this:

image.png

For all I can see, I have set this up right, the search has crawled and the enterprise keywords are indexed correctly based upon the search results, so why on earth won't the highlighted content show the correct documents.

One of these days, something fairly simple in Sharepoint will actually work the way it's supposed to out of the box.

Any ideas of what might be wrong?

2 Replies
Yes, there is a bug that isn't indexing aspx pages right now, that is slated to be fixed in the next 48 hours. Luckily you caught the tail end of it :p. But that is what's causing this. It's listed in the system status page on admin portal for SharePoint if you want to see status / details.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response, I did see there was an Incident listed on the Admin Portal, unfortunately that Incident is gone now but my problem remains.

Pity, as it did look like that might be source of the issue.