Group E-mails but not Calendar Requests

Copper Contributor

I've got this team. They wanted a shared calendar and distribution group for their team to do these assessments. So, I thought an O365 Group would be perfect. I set them all up.

So, by default, they get e-mails sent to the group in their inboxes. That is good, that is what they want. However, When they schedule their assessments and invite the group. They do not want those calendar events going to each individual user. Just to the group.

They have the option to "unsubscribe" from the group emails but then conversation e-mails have to be sought out by going to the group.  Is there a happy medium?

Right now they can simply decline every meeting sent to the group because they don't want them on their calendars, but it is annoying since dozens come in at one time.  Is there a solution to this?

4 Replies
I guess this should be in "Groups"

The only setting I can think of that might help with this is the -AlwaysSubscribeMembersToCalendarEvents switch, however this only applies to new members. Unfortunately, we are still not able to separate between Subscribers and EventSubscribers when using the management cmdlets, and I'm not sure what Microsoft plans are on this...

Do you think I can remove everyone, set the setting and then add everyone back on?

I guess you can try, but that seems a bit excessive to me. Perhaps @Christophe Fiessinger can share some other method.