Group Calendar Automatically Created

Copper Contributor

I am new to office 365 and have spent a few hours attempting to figure out how to create a group calendar that is automatically created and shared.

Our office has 5 advisors and 5 support staff individuals. The five advisors each keep their own calendars for their appointments. Is there a way that the advisor's calendars can automatically be consolidated on a group calendar and then shared with the entire office staff. This is often very helpful for the support staff so they know where each advisor is or where they plan to be. I do not want to force each advisor to add their appointment to their own personal calendar and then to another shared calendar if I do not have to.

Thanks!

1 Reply

Technically, you can set up a room mailbox and have them add it as "location" for the appointment, which in turn will create a booking for the Room mailbox. You can set it up with automatic approval and relaxed conflict settings to automate the process and account for situations where more than one advisor is busy, but differentiating between the individual advisor's entries might be difficult, depending on what kind of information you want to be visible. There is a setting that configures each meeting request with a subject matching the name of the person that send the request, which might or might not be enough in your case. And as room calendars are visible by everyone in the company by default, you should be all set in terms of permissions/access.