Godaddy to Office 365 domain move

Copper Contributor

Hi I currently cannot verify my domain in a new office 365 tenant after removing it from a godaddy tenant. The office 365 helpdesk have identified it as a known issue that has to be fixed by next level engineers but they have said it could be 72 hours before the engineers contact me and they have no way of speaking to them and confirming what is going on. I have clients now who have been without services for 24 hours for reasons completely out of my control. Is there another number I can call that will get me a better explanation of what is happening? This is an enterprise level product with a known issue that is leaving me without a domain for my email accounts for over 72 hours, there must be another avenue for me to take?

4 Replies

Hey, 

Can you please confirm the error which you are getting, when trying to verify the domain in the new tenant?

Thanks.

"We couldn't verify domain 'domainname.com'. Please close the wizard and refresh the page, then try again."

Same error from TXT, MX and Godaddy authorization methods. I have also tried doing it with the msol module in power shell and got the same error.

I have tried multiple browsers and removing and re-adding the domain.

I have confirmed the TXT record is coming through correctly via nslookup.

365 Support are happy that it's beyond a configuration setting. This is a known issue that needs next level support to resolve. But the front line support cannot tell me what the actual issue is on their end or how long it will take to resolve, I've been told I'm waiting up to 72 hours just to get a response from an engineer who can fix the issue.

@Liam Hodges

Is this issue solved?

What was the issue?

How long did it take to solve it?

It was solved.

From memory, the MX method worked after a about 48 hours off waiting.